Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Love Australia!

Today, I presented from my classroom in Santa Monica, CA at the MAV Math Conference in Melbourne, Australia. It was 3:45pm my time and 10:45am the next day in Australia.

Student, "Bob", co-presented. It was unique in that we were broadcast via Skype and Adobe ConnectNow. Tomorrow, we get to do it again! Meanwhile, some students were participating and/or watching the presentation in my classroom in front of me. They were impressed that we were talking and viewing live a live feed to Aultralia. Thanks to the wonderful Tony Richards, of itmadesimple and edtechcrew.net for running the show locally in Australia. And thanks to Darren, who hooked us up with his smooth Skype connection!

1 comment:

ITmadeSimple said...

it was great fun - thanks.

Tony